Yearning to flex her entrepreneurial muscles, Kristie Smith left her corporate marketing job in 2003 and founded the Indy Homes Team.
In just a few short years, Kristie’s focus on client service and great evidence-based outcomes built the Indy Homes Team into one of the top real estate groups in Indiana. The team continually ranks nationally among all Keller Williams agents in terms of sales volume.
For the past four years, Kristie has been part of Gary Keller’s private agent Mastermind group — made up of just the top 200 agents in Keller Williams Realty. This group meets quarterly with Gary to sharpen their skills, learn from each other, and grow their businesses to new heights.
Kristie’s areas of expertise include:
- Marketing luxury homes—Kristie’s team serves all price ranges of buyers and sellers. For high-end expertise, Kristie earned and maintains a certification through the Institute for Luxury Home Marketing. Through this specialized training and her experience working with high-end clientele, Kristie has honed the marketing, selling and communication skills that best serve the luxury market. She has also earned The Institute’s Million Dollar GUILD recognition for experience, knowledge, and expertise in residential properties priced $1 million and above.
- Assisting clients moving to Indianapolis—As relocation director for Keller Williams Realty, Kristie and her team spend nearly 40 percent of their time working with professionals moving to Indianapolis. Kristie’s vast knowledge of Indianapolis and the surrounding area enables her to guide her clients to the location and home that will work best for them. Several Indianapolis corporations entrust their recruits and new hires to Kristie and the Indy Homes Team, who provide a great introduction to the Circle City.
- Negotiating—Kristie is a unique and savvy negotiator. She believes that the best negotiations are when both sides come away feeling like they have won. She has seen (and previously practiced) the “I win; you lose” philosophy of negotiating and doing business. She believes that’s not the way to sustain relationships, and this approach doesn’t align with the core values of the Indy Homes Team. However, don’t fear. Kristie negotiates just like your money is her money. This is her favorite part of the job.
- Marketing homes online—97 percent of buyers use the Internet to find their new home. Kristie is well-known in Indianapolis for her savvy use of the Internet, professional photography, and social media to connect with her audiences and market homes. As a result, most of her homes sell in 9 days or less.
- Market trends—Kristie is a leader in market knowledge, community involvement, and knowing relevant data that is needed to practice real estate at a superior level. As the writer of a top real estate blog, Kristie is regularly interviewed locally and nationally regarding the real estate market, social media, marketing strategies, and her team’s success. Read her latest news.
Kristie has been designated a Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) by the National Association of Realtors, the highest level a REALTOR can attain. Home buyers and sellers can trust that CRS Designees subscribe to the strict Realtor code of ethics, have access to the latest technology and are specialists in helping clients maximize profits and minimize costs when buying or selling a home.
Kristie has been married for 23 years to IU Health anesthesiologist, Andrew Smith. They live in Carmel.