Indianapolis 2013 July summer concerts
Summer is a fun time to be a music lover in central Indiana. Whether you enjoy the quaint music venue where you can get up-close-and-personal with the artists, a 50,000 seat arena with screaming fans, or if the outdoor concert scene is your thing, Indianapolis has a show for you this summer.
Here is a brief roundup of all-things music this July.
- American Idol star Kelly Clarkson will be performing for 100 lucky fans at the Fashion Café inside the Fashion Mall. Sponsored by Microsoft, this show will be part of the grand opening of the Microsoft store at the Fashion Mall at Keystone at the Crossing. Tickets will be distributed at 11am and the multi-award winning singer/songwriter will perform at 7pm.
- '80s pop starts Go-Go's and B-52's will be performing their hits at Hoosier Park Racing and Casino. After reuniting in 1999, the Go-Go's have been constantly touring to the delight of New Wave fans.
- Recently united pop punk band Fall Out Boy will be at the Egyptian Room in Old National Centre at 8pm. This is part of their Save Rock & Roll Tour to promote their new album.
- Ian McLagan, former member of the English rock band Small Faces, and Faces will be performing at Birdy's at 2131 E. 71st Street. Tickets are $13.
- The Vans Warped Tour is a music and extreme sports festival that tours annually, bringing together mainstream bands. With over 90 bands including August Burns Red, Black Veil Brides, Bless the Fall, Forever the Sickest Kids, Motion City Soundtrack, Silverstein, Sleeping with Sirens and We Came as Romans, this is going to be one great day at Klipsch Music Center. Tickets are $34, but for a few extra bucks, you can avoid the long lines and give to charity. Visit the Feed Our Children Now food drive booth and donate three canned food items or $5 for a jump-the-line pass.
- Don't miss the first ever IndyPendence Day Street Fest on Georgia Street. This event will be headlined by rock bands Sick Puppies and Puddle of Mudd. - The organizers of the Fountain Square Music Festival will also be having a concert downtown featuring nine emerging acts with Indiana roots, including Truth & Savage Company. Also performing are Modoc, Shelby County Sinners, Kaleidostars, Kansas Bible Company, Goliathon, Jeremy Vogt Band, Red Light Driver and Veseria. It will be a fundraising event with the Fountain Square Arts Council as its beneficiary. It will be held at a Shelby Street parking lot just north of the Fountain Square Dental Clinic.
- Bob Dylan, Wilco and My Morning Jacket will be bringing their music to Klipsch Music Center.
- Marilyn Manson will be playing at the Egyptian Room in Old National Centre at 8pm.
- We loved them in the late '90s and we love them still. Matchbox Twenty and the Goo Goo Dolls will be singing their hits at Klipsch Music Center at 7pm. Visit Live Nation for ticket info.
- Ed Sheeran will be making you swoon with his sultry voice and amazing guitar playing at 3pm at WZPL's Birthday Bash. Also performing are Cher Lloyd, Hot Chelle Rae, The Cab, Emblem 3, A Great Big World and MKTO. This event is located at the Farm Bureau Insurance Lawn at White River State Park.
- He might be getting a lot of negative publicity lately but Justin Bieber still has a solid fanbase. Watch him at Bankers Life Fieldhouse at 7pm.
- Looks like teens and teen-at-hearts will have a tough time deciding which concert to attend because two days after Justin Bieber the Jonas Brothers will hit the stage, this time at Klipsch Music Center at 7pm.
- Paul McCartney of The Beatles will be rocking it out at Bankers Life Fieldhouse at 8pm.
- They took a hiatus some years ago but they are now back with more hits. Enjoy Train at Klipsch Music Center at 7pm.
- In the mood for jazz? Grammy-winning singer Jill Scott will be at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
- If jazz isn't your thing, you can rock out with Bad Company and Lynyrd Skynyrd at Klipsch at 7pm.
- The Mayhem Festival is an annual metal music festival, and this year it's hitting Noblesville with Rob Zombie and Amon Amarth fronting the main stage. Gates open at 12pm at Klipsch Music Center. Hiphop fans can also head over to the Egyptian Room in Old National Centre to see Mac Miller. Show starts at 8pm.
- Blake Shelton, the award-winning country music star and three-time winning coach on The Voice, will be at Klipsch Music Center.
- If bluegrass is your thing, come see Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers at the Murat Theatre in Old National Centre at 8pm.
- There's something about the '80s and empowering women that made music groups like Heart become popular. See them live at Klipsch Music Center at 7pm.
Also don't miss Symphony on the Prairie all summer long.
Have a concert I missed, extra tix or just looking for a concert buddy? Just let us know. The Indy Homes Team is always up for a concert outing!
About the Author
Kristie Smith is the founder and CEO of the Indy Homes Real Estate Team. She is a REALTOR, and is one of the most recognized and accomplished Indiana real estate agents. Ranked among Central Indiana's top 10 real estate teams, the Indy Homes Team specializes in relocating families moving to the Indy area, as well as Helping People on the Move locally in Indy.