Shopping & Entertainment in Indianapolis
Do you love shopping? Check out Indianapolis’ mix of big-time retailers and small, independent shops.
Indianapolis restaurants and dining
Indianapolis’ local dining scene has exploded the past few years, resulting in the Circle City being recognized as a haven for foodies. While some of our favorite and iconic Indy restaurants are listed below, we also encourage you to check Visit Indy for curated restaurant lists, as well as Indianapolis Monthly, which also regularly covers Indy’s hot food spots.
- With everything from the traditional to eclectic, you can indulge your taste buds with burgers at The Working Man’s Friend, steak and the famous shrimp cocktail at St. Elmo’s, Italian at Mama Carolla’s, not to mention Indian, Japanese, Thai, Mongolian, Ethiopian, French, Mexican and much more.
- Searching for a pizza that’s far from ordinary? Try Bazbeaux or Jockomo Upper Crust Pizza or Napolese.
- Indulge in the Batali, named one of the country’s best 10 sandwiches by Bon Appetit, at Goose The Market.
- Enjoy a yummy brunch every weekend at favorites Eggshell Bistro, Milktooth, Café Patachou and Taste Café.
- Sample the best German food and beers while enjoying fun live bands at the Rathskeller’s Kellerbar and biergarten.
- Indy abounds with craft breweries! A few to try: Tow Yard Brewing, Four Day Ray, Sun King Brewing, Flat12 Bierworks and Fountain Square Brewing Company.
- Devour Indy offers one of the best ways to sample dozens of Indianapolis’ great restaurants at a great price. Not to be missed!
Indianapolis entertainment and nightlife
End a day of shopping and dining with a night on the town! From comedy clubs to karaoke to brewpubs to dancing to cigar bars, Indy has it all!
- At Blend Bar, enjoy the fully stocked humidor featuring Davidoff cigars, bourbon, single malt scotch, fine wine/ports and the only Diamond Crown cigar lounge in Indianapolis.
- Dance the night away at The Vogue, The Red Room, Social, White Rabbit Cabaret or Metro.
- Cheer on Indy’s home teams at Champps, Moe & Johnny’s, Kilroy’s or Scotty’s.
- Take in live jazz at the Jazz Kitchen, Slippery Noodle Inn and the Chatterbox.
- In the mood for a little dueling piano? Check out Brick House or Howl at the Moon.
- See your favorite national acts at Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center, Banker’s Life Fieldhouse or Old National Centre.
There’s so much more to do! Check out Visit Indy for nightlife ideas and a list of upcoming events.
Next article: Indianapolis Sports